Ford Service Assistance
Terms and Conditions
Ford Service Assistance: means Ford Service Assistance for service-activated roadside assistance.
Breakdown: an event where a Relevant Vehicle is immobilised due to breakdown as detailed in the General Terms Applicable to Ford Service Assistance, in a place where vehicle access is practicable and permitted.
Authorised Driver: any person driving a Relevant Vehicle with the lawful authority to do so, including but not limited to the Registered Keeper (as defined by the DVLA from time to time).
Relevant Vehicle a new Ford vehicle as specified in clauses 1 and 7 of the General Terms Applicable to Ford Service Assistance.
Ford Authorised Repairer Ford 'dealer' or repair garage authorised by Ford Motor Company Limited to conduct service, maintenance and repairs on Ford vehicles.
We, Us, Our Ford Motor Company Limited.
Europe Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Vatican City.
Registered Owner The person or business recorded on the register of motor vehicles as the owner of the Relevant Vehicle.
GENERAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO FORD ASSISTANCE
1. Ford Service Assistance includes assistance at Home and at the roadside and recovery throughout Europe (as defined above) 7 days a week, 365 days a year, when a Relevant Vehicle is immobilised as a result of a Breakdown within Europe. Ford Service Assistance is available to all Ford vehicles registered for service-activated roadside assistance that have been serviced at a Ford Authorised Repairer. 2. Ford Service Assistance is designed to provide emergency Breakdown and recovery facilities; their availability does not, of course, remove the need to keep the Relevant Vehicle properly maintained and serviced. 3. We reserve the right to vary the Terms and Conditions of service during the period of Ford Service Assistance on the giving of reasonable notice where We reasonably consider it necessary to do so in order for the services supplied to comply with any changes in applicable law or regulations. 4. We are entitled to refuse service in certain circumstances: for example, should the Relevant Vehicle be ineligible for Ford Service Assistance. Attendance will also be declined in nonemergency situations where the Relevant Vehicle is still mobile and the journey can be continued both legally and in safety. 5. If the Relevant Vehicle has a Breakdown, and the Authorised Driver needs help, the Authorised Driver should always contact Ford Service Assistance direct. Ford Authorised Repairers and garages approached independently, whether appointed by Us or not, will expect payment and subsequently the Authorised Driver will have to settle the bill and We will be under no obligation to reimburse the Authorised Driver. 6. It is the Authorised Driver’s responsibility to ensure that any temporary repairs carried out by Us to mobilise the Relevant Vehicle are followed as soon as is possible by a permanent repair. Please refer to the terms of the vehicle warranty with respect to the carrying out of repairs by Ford Authorised Repairers. 7. Ford Service Assistance is only available to motor vehicles up to a maximum weight limit of 4600Kg (4.6 tonnes) gross vehicle weight (gvw). There are additional length and width restrictions under the recovery service. Maximum vehicle length, 23 ft (7.0m), maximum vehicle width, 7 ft 6 in (2.3m). Trailers: Trailers on tow at the time of Breakdown may, at our absolute discretion be recovered along with the Relevant Vehicle (if appropriate) towing them to a place of safety, provided they fall within the limits for the recovery service. A trailer of a length greater than 18ft (5.5m) but not exceeding 26ft (8m) will be recovered provided that this can be done safely under tow. If the Relevant Vehicle is a Commercial Vehicle (which in the context of this agreement means Transit, Transit Connect or Ranger) and subsequently requires load continuation, please refer to the RECOVERY section for Commercial Vehicles. Caravans: Caravans on tow at the time of the Breakdown may, at Our absolute discretion, be recovered along with the Relevant Vehicle (if appropriate) towing them to a place of safety. The Relevant Vehicle towing the caravan, providing it is within the weight and length conditions above, may, at Our absolute discretion make use of the Ford Service Assistance service as outlined in the ROADSIDE AND AT HOME ASSISTANCE section below. Authorised Drivers towing a caravan are advised to purchase appropriate cover. 8. Limited assistance - For taxis, rental cars, ambulances and driving school cars the service is limited to roadside assistance repair or towage to the nearest Ford authorised dealer. If eligibility for Ford Service Assistance cannot be validated at the time of the Authorised Driver’s request for service, the Authorised Driver may be asked to make payment for the cost of service; such payment will be refunded if eligibility for Ford Service Assistance can subsequently be validated. 9. We reserve the right to refuse to provide or arrange assistance services if the Authorised Driver is not present at the time of the Breakdown and/or unable to be present at the time assistance arrives.
11. Service is subject to availability and may be supplemented by Our appointed agents. We will only accept responsibility for the actions of an agent where the agent is acting on Our instructions and is providing assistance to the Authorised Driver which he/she is entitled to under Ford Service Assistance for the Relevant Vehicle. An agent appointed by Us will charge Us directly for any service it has provided on Our behalf. However, if repairs cannot be carried out either by Us or Our appointed agent on the highway or at the Authorised Driver’s Home and the Relevant Vehicle has to be recovered to an Authorised Repairer, the Authorised Driver must meet any subsequent repair costs, if not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. 12. The Authorised Driver will be required to pay for any consumables (that are excluded from the vehicle warranty, e.g. fuel) that We or Our appointed agents provide. 13. We aim to provide an emergency Breakdown assistance. We will not carry out vehicle servicing or vehicle reassembly, for example, where they are required as a result of neglect and unsuccessful work on the Relevant Vehicle other than on the part of Us or Our agents. 14 Patrols and technicians are trained and equipped to carry out emergency roadside repairs and are not in a position, and should not be expected, to comment on the general safety or roadworthiness of a Relevant Vehicle after a Breakdown, or emergency repair. In addition, completion of an emergency repair cannot be taken to signify, or in any way guarantee, the general roadworthiness of the Relevant Vehicle concerned. However, We reserve the right to refuse service where, in Our opinion or that of Our garage agent, the Relevant Vehicle concerned was, immediately before the Breakdown, dangerous or unroadworthy or the giving of service would involve any breach of the law (including, but not restricted to, any breach of road traffic regulations or health and safety provisions), or where there has been an unreasonable delay in reporting the Breakdown. 15. Where the Authorised Driver has been refused service as a result of the Relevant Vehicle being deemed dangerous, over-laden or unroadworthy, We will endeavour to arrange assistance on behalf of the Authorised Driver but will not pay for this service. 16. While We seek to provide Ford Service Assistance at all times, Our resources are finite and this may not always be possible. We shall not be liable for service failures where We are faced with circumstances outside Our reasonable control. Events which might constitute circumstances outside Our reasonable control include (but are not limited to) Acts of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, acts of government or authority (including the refusal or revocation of any license or consent), fire, subsidence, explosion, flood, snow, fog or other bad weather conditions, vehicle, equipment or systems failures (not being due to Our fault or cause), shortages of fuel or other necessary supplies, failure of telecommunications lines or systems, default of suppliers or sub-contractors (not being Our supplier’s or sub-contractors), theft, malicious damage, strike, lock out or industrial action of any kind. We shall not have any responsibility for any indirect, purely economic or consequential losses incurred as a result of or in connection with Ford Service Assistance whether resulting from negligence or otherwise. We shall not, in any event, and to the extent permitted by law, have any responsibility for any increased costs or expenses, for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenue or anticipated savings or for any special, indirect or consequential losses incurred as a result of or in connection with any service, whether resulting from tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), breach of agreement or otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this clause or these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or restrict Our liability for negligence resulting in death or personal injury or for fraud. 17. Failure to enforce or non-reliance upon any of these Terms and Conditions by Us on a particular occasion or occasions will not prevent Us from subsequently relying on or enforcing them. 18. The headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of its contents. 19. These Terms and Conditions, and any agreement entered into under or in connection with the same, shall be interpreted in accordance with the English law and subject of the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
20. None of the Terms and Conditions or services of, or under, Ford Service Assistance are enforceable by anyone other than the Authorised Driver. For the avoidance of doubt, and without limitation to the generality of the foregoing, any rights under The Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, or any replacement thereof, are hereby excluded. 21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the statutory rights of the Authorised Driver as a consumer.
Ford Service Assistance is only provided following a breakdown or accident attended by the police or other emergency service after the services concerned have authorised the vehicle's removal. If the police or emergency service concerned insist on immediate recovery by a third party, the cost of this must be met by you. In the event that the Relevant Vehicle requires recovery following an accident, Ford Service Assistance can, at Our absolute discretion, provide this for you (please refer to the RECOVERY section). In the event specialist equipment or services are required to complete the job then Ford Service Assistance may arrange these services for you but will not be responsible for meeting the costs involved. You will be required to pay on request any applicable charges. In regard to all matters referred to in this clause, you must give Ford Service Assistance, on request, any relevant information it reasonably requests. Please note that, following an accident, or otherwise, it is and remains your responsibility to ensure that you properly comply with any requirements of your motor insurer in making a claim under your motor insurance policy.
Ford Service Assistance - what is not included:
1. Routine maintenance and running repairs, such as fixing faulty radios, interior light bulbs, heated rear windows; 2. When not covered by the vehicle warranty - The cost of spare parts, petrol, diesel, oil, keys, consumables or other materials and garage or other labour required to repair the Relevant Vehicle; 3. Ford Service Assistance will not provide free of charge assistance for any of the following: Mis-fuelling , running out of fuel, locking keys in car, stolen and lost keys. 4. Any costs or charges connected with the drainage or other removal of fuel, lubricants or other fluids due to the introduction of an inappropriate fluid, it is the Authorised Driver’s responsibility to instruct the repairer as to the work required, any contract for repair will be between the Authorised Driver and the repairer; 5. Any additional charges resulting from failure to carry a legal and serviceable spare wheel(s) or tyre(s) – where applicable - in the Relevant Vehicle, We will endeavour to arrange assistance from a third party on behalf of the Authorised Driver but will not pay for the cost of the call out or any repair, all other costs are the responsibility of the Authorised Driver; 6. Relevant Vehicles not displaying the relevant road fund licence; 7. Having the Relevant Vehicle stored or guarded in the absence of the Authorised Driver; 8. Providing service to the Relevant Vehicle when it is on private property, for example garage premises. We will be entitled to refuse service unless you can establish to its satisfaction that permission has been given by the relevant owner or occupier; 9. Any personal transportation costs except as provided as part of Ford Service Assistance;10. Recovery from French motorways, as these roads are privately owned. In the event that assistance is required, the Authorised Driver must contact the dedicated motorway services and telephone Ford Service Assistance for further help once towed off the motorway / service area. 11. Any ferry or toll charges levied on relation to the Relevant Vehicle that is being towed or recovered. 12. Assistance will be provided for no more people than the legal seating capacity of the Relevant Vehicle (limited to the maximum number of persons the Relevant Vehicle is designed to carry and for whom there are fixed seats and restraints) provided that these people were travelling in the Relevant Vehicle at the time of the Breakdown. 13. Ford Service Assistance reserves the right not to provide free of charge assistance when, within a period of 90 days there has been more than one callout for the same or similar faults, which are considered by Us to be avoidable, for example but not limited to: a) Temporary repairs not being made permanent. It is the Authorised Driver's responsibility to make sure that emergency repairs carried out by Us are, where appropriate, followed as soon as possible by a permanent repair. b) Repeatedly defective ancillary equipment (not supplied by Ford). It is the Registered Owner's responsibility to ensure that ancillary equipment is properly installed and adequately maintained. c) Driver error, including the over-use of electrical equipment whilst the battery is not charging, leading to a flat battery. In the event of any of the above situations, the driver may call 0203 5644444 to request service. In the event, that the cause of the breakdown is discovered to be attributable to one of the causes listed above once the patrolman is in attendance, then We reserve the right to retrospectively charge-back the cost of the callout to the Relevant Vehicle to the Registered Owner. At Our discretion We reserve the right to decline service. 14. We are not under any obligation to transport or to arrange the transport of any animal. If We or Our agents, at their discretion, agree to transport an animal, then any such transport will be at the Authorised Driver’s own risk. It is the Authorised Driver’s responsibility to secure any animal being transported or to make alternative arrangements for its transportation. 15. We have the right at any time to refuse or cancel service to, or to refuse to arrange service for, any person otherwise entitled to assistance for the Relevant Vehicle where We reasonably consider that they or anyone accompanying any such person: a) is behaving or has behaved in a threatening or abusive manner to Our employees, patrols, technicians or agents, or to any third party contractor; b) has falsely represented that they are entitled to services to which they are not entitled ; or c) has assisted another person in accessing Our services to which they are not entitled; or d) owes Us money with respect to any services, spare parts or other matters provided by Us or by a third party on Our instruction. 16. If We consider that a body, glass or tyre specialist is needed, We will endeavour to arrange their help on behalf of the Authorised Driver. We, however, will not pay for their services and the contract for repair will be between the Authorised Driver and the repairer. Further, if use of any other specialist would, in Our opinion, mobilize the Relevant Vehicle, no further service will be available for the Breakdown in question. 17. If specialist equipment (not normally carried) is, in Our view, required to provide assistance when a Relevant Vehicle has left the highway, is in a ditch, is standing on soft ground, sand or shingle or is stuck in water or snow, or which has been immobilized by the removal of its wheels, We will arrange recovery but at the Authorised Driver’s cost. Once the Relevant Vehicle has been recovered to a suitable location, normal service will be provided in keeping with Ford Service Assistance. 18. We will not provide service where this is requested in regard to the Relevant Vehicle which requires service by reason of, or immediately following, participation in any racing, rallying, trials or time-trials, test, rallying, off road driving, driving on the Nurbuergring or other motor sports event ("Motor Sports Event"). However, for the avoidance of doubt, We do not consider the following activities to be Motor Sports Events, and thus will provide service to a participating Relevant Vehicle if properly requested: a) "Concours d’elegance" events; b) Track test days for road-legal vehicles; c) Rallies held exclusively on open public highways where participants are required to comply with all operative speed limits. 19. We will not provide free of charge assistance in the event of a trailer or caravan being immobilised due to a breakdown. Authorised Drivers towing a trailer or caravan are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
We will ensure communication is maintained and will pass on any urgent messages within the UK, whilst liaising between the driver, the recipient of any goods and any other interested party within the UK. ROADSIDE AND AT HOME ASSISTANCE What is included • Ford Service Assistance is available if the Relevant Vehicle is immobilized following a mechanical breakdown in the Relevant Vehicle (subject always to the exclusions contained in these terms). If We or Our appointed garage agent cannot fix the Relevant Vehicle within a reasonable time, it will be taken to the nearest authorised repairer or, alternatively, to a destination of the Authorised Driver’s choice. It is then the Authorised Driver’s responsibility to instruct the repairer to make any repairs required. Any contract for repair will be between the Authorised Driver and the repairer, and it is the Authorised Driver’s responsibility to pay them. We do not guarantee that any recovery to an appropriate Ford Authorised Repairer will be within the opening hours of the repairer or that the repairer will be immediately available to undertake any required repair. If the Ford Authorised Repairer is closed, the Relevant Vehicle will be stored securely or taken to another location of the Authorised Driver’s choice and delivered to the Ford Authorised Repairer the next working day. Once the Relevant Vehicle is moved or a temporary repair carried out in situ, the cost of any subsequent repairs is not included in Ford Service Assistance. Please check the vehicle warranty for details of repairs covered under the warranty. Message handling We will make a telephone call at your request following a Breakdown. What is not included • Ford Service Assistance does not include any additional transport or other costs that the Authorised Driver might incur, whether as a result of the Relevant Vehicle being towed or otherwise. • Assistance following a Breakdown or Accident attended by the police or other emergency service, until the services concerned have authorised the Relevant Vehicle’s removal. If the police or emergency service concerned insist on immediate recovery by a third party, the cost of this must be met by the Authorised Driver. • Matters excluded under General Terms of Ford Service Assistance on page 1 above.
What is included • Recovery is available following a Breakdown involving a Relevant Vehicle and We cannot arrange a local repair within a reasonable time. • Ford Service Assistance provides the recovery of an immobilised Relevant Vehicle (including trailer/caravan on tow at the time, provided it is within the size limits) together with Authorised Driver and the passengers (up to the maximum number of persons the Relevant Vehicle is designed to carry and for whom there are fixed seats and restraints) to the nearest Ford Authorised Repairer or to any other single destination in the UK. If there are more people than the maximum allowed, We will seek to arrange, but will not pay for, their onward transportation. Commercial Vehicles only (Transit, Transit Connect and Ranger) • Ford Service Assistance provides, at Our absolute discretion, a load continuation service to Authorised Drivers of a Commercial Vehicle to a single destination of the Authorised Driver's choice to unload, then on to another destination of the Authorised Driver's choice to recover the Relevant Vehicle. It is the driver's responsibility to conduct or arrange for the loading and unloading of the Relevant Vehicle. • Ford Service Assistance provides a repair management service to eligible vehicles, which will liaise between the Authorised Driver, Ford dealer and any other interested party in the event that the Relevant Vehicle is taken to a Ford Authorised Repairer and We subsequently provide, subject to availability a temporary loan vehicle or provide load continuation to eligible Commercial Vehicle drivers. Please note After the Relevant Vehicle has been recovered, any subsequent repairs will be at the Authorised Driver’s cost. It is also the responsibility of the Authorised Driver to arrange and pay for the Relevant Vehicle’s collection, should that be necessary. What is not included • Recovery will not be provided if We are able to arrange a prompt local repair within a reasonable time. • A second or subsequent recovery, after the Relevant Vehicle has been recovered following a Breakdown. Unless agreed at the time of the first delay, due, for example, to being outside normal working hours. • The transport of immobilised vehicles where We consider this to be part of a commercial activity, for example, to, from or for motor dealers or delivery companies. • The transport of vehicles being used for racing, rallying, trials or time trials, tests or other motor sports events. • The recovery of any vehicle that We consider would be dangerous or illegal for Us to load or transport (including, but not limited to, overladen vehicles). • Assistance following a Breakdown or Accident attended by the police or other emergency service, until the services concerned have authorised the vehicle’s removal. If the police or emergency service concerned insist on immediate recovery by a third party, the cost of this must be met by the Authorised Driver. However, We can arrange for subsequent recovery of the Relevant Vehicle to your desired destination or a Ford Authorised Repairer as long as the Relevant Vehicle concerned has not already been repaired. • Any incidental expenses that may arise during a recovery. We cannot accept any costs for passengers who do not accompany the Relevant Vehicle while it is being recovered under recovery. • The recovery of any vehicles bearing trade plates and/or which We have reason to believe have just been imported or purchased at auction.
• The recovery of horses or livestock. • Ferry costs. • Matters excluded under General Terms of Ford Service Assistance on page 1 above.
TEMPORARY LOAN VEHICLE, OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATION, PUBLIC TRANSPORT
This service may be provided at Our absolute discretion as an extension to the recovery service, following an immobilising Breakdown of a Relevant Vehicle. It is only available at Our absolute discretion. We may, in Our absolute discretion, choose one of the following options: A) Temporary loan vehicle or B) Overnight accommodation or C) Public transport costs A) TEMPORARY LOAN VEHICLE What is included • We may, at Our absolute discretion, (subject to the conditions noted below) arrange a temporary loan vehicle for up to 2 working days. Should a replacement Commercial Vehicle be requested We may, at Our absolute discretion, provide a suitable temporary loan vehicle wherever possible. • If a temporary loan vehicle is provided, we will (subject to any responsibility the Authorised Driver may have) pay the chosen vehicle supplier's hire charges, including comprehensive insurance premium, collision damage waiver and VAT (but excluding any insurance excess which may become payable), for a maximum of 2 working days, starting from the time when the vehicle is issued (which must be within 2 working days of the immobilising Breakdown). • The Authorised Driver is responsible for all other charges arising from the use of the hire vehicle (including, but not restricted to, fuel costs and any insurance excess charges) - for example, if the Authorised Driver keeps the vehicle for over the 2 working days period, this must be agreed in advance with the vehicle supplier. The Authorised Driver must pay any additional charges direct to the vehicle supplier. • Temporary loan vehicles are supplied and the availability of this benefit is subject to the terms and conditions of the vehicle supplier who, amongst other things: i. will require a full, valid driving licence at the time of issue of the vehicle; ii. may impose limitations on the availability and engine capacity of the replacement vehicle - for example, in relation to the age of the driver, certain licence endorsements etc; iii. may require a cash or credit card deposit, including a fuel deposit ranging from £50 to £250; iv. may require additional means of identification; v. the driver must be aged at least 21 and must have held a full driving licence for at least 12 months. • Failure to comply with the vehicle supplier's terms and conditions or to return the vehicle to the supplier by the due date may result in action being taken against the Authorised Driver. • Whilst not obliged to do so, in appropriate circumstances (for example, where a replacement van is required), We will seek to arrange a suitable replacement vehicle. • Where any vehicle supplied under the terms of Ford Service Assistance cannot accommodate the eligible number of people (please refer to the recovery section for limits), We will seek to arrange a further vehicle and/or for the onward transport of any additional passengers. • Replacement vehicles cannot be supplied with a tow bar, and therefore any caravan or trailer will, if eligible, be recovered with the immobilised Relevant Vehicle. • Should the replacement vehicle not be needed immediately, We may at our discretion arrange for it to be provided at any time up to 48 hours after the relevant Breakdown (collecting the emergency temporary replacement vehicle will be the Authorised Driver’s responsibility). Please note that this does not guarantee the availability of, or access to, a replacement vehicle, the issue of which remains subject to the terms and conditions of the vehicle supplier.
• Should the Authorised Driver not, as a result of supplier’s terms or otherwise, be able to take advantage of the temporary loan vehicle, then We may instead choose one of the other two alternatives (described in Sections B and C below). Please note: this is not, under any of Our suppliers’ terms, available to drivers under 21, or to drivers who have held a full driving licence for less than twelve months. This does not, however, mean that a driver who is outside of these categories will necessarily be able to obtain a hire vehicle since the situation may change or different age restrictions may apply under the terms and conditions of available vehicle suppliers. The examples of exclusions given are not an exhaustive list.
B) EMERGENCY OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATION
What is included • We may, at Our absolute discretion, arrange for one night's bed and breakfast accommodation for the Authorised Driver and passengers (up to the amount of fixed seats in the Relevant Vehicle) up to a maximum of £50 per person. • We will not pay for any additional costs incurred by the Authorised Driver or passengers such as meals (other than breakfast), drinks, telephone calls and newspapers. These costs must be settled with the hotel before leaving. C) PUBLIC TRANSPORT COSTS What is included • We may, at Our absolute discretion, pay reasonable public transport costs for the Authorised Driver and his passengers (provided that they were travelling with the driver at the time of the Breakdown) up to the maximum number of persons the Relevant Vehicle is designed to carry and for whom there are fixed seats and restraints. The Authorised Driver must obtain proofs of purchase or receipts for all travel expenses and send them with the request for reimbursement in writing to Claims, Agency Accounts, Fanum House, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 4EA within 28 days of the relevant Breakdown. For overseas incidents, Claims should be submitted within 31 days of Your return Home. To obtain a claim form, please telephone 01256 493 730 or email: email@example.com . Please quote Your registration number and any additional reference You may have been given by Our operational staff.
VEHICLE RECOVERY TO THE UK
In the event of a Breakdown outside of the UK, but within the remainder of Europe (as defined above) and repairs cannot be completed in time for the Authorised Driver’s planned return Home, and We, in Our absolute discretion, agree to provide vehicle recovery to the UK. What is included • The cost of unaccompanied recovery for the Relevant Vehicle to the Authorised Driver’s Home, or nominated vehicle repairer in the UK, up to the current market value of the Relevant Vehicle. • We may, at Our discretion and depending on circumstances, arrange and agree with the Authorised Driver an alternative method of recovery if repairs are started but not completed before the Authorised Driver’s planned return Home. We may (at Our discretion) arrange with the Authorised Driver and pay for one person’s reasonable travel and accommodation costs to go directly overseas to collect the Relevant Vehicle up to a maximum of £600. What is not included • Recovery of the Relevant Vehicle if We calculate it to be beyond commercial economic repair. We will never pay more than the value of the vehicle to bring it home. If We advise that the Relevant Vehicle is beyond commercial economic repair, We will give the Authorised Driver up to 8 weeks after the original Breakdown to agree suitable alternative arrangements for the recovery or disposal of the Relevant Vehicle. If We have no agreement after 8 weeks, We will consider the Authorised Driver has authorised disposal of the Relevant Vehicle.Recovery where the Relevant Vehicle only needs minor or inexpensive repairs, We may agree vehicle collection in these circumstances if repairs cannot be completed by the Authorised Driver’s booked return date. • Recovery where the local Ford Authorised Repairer can complete repairs before the Authorised Driver’s return date. • Any losses resulting from delay in recovering the Relevant Vehicle. • If the repairer dismantles the Relevant Vehicle for repairs, which are then halted for any reason, neither We, nor the repairer will accept responsibility for the loss of any parts should the Driver subsequently return the Relevant Vehicle prior to the completion of the repair. • The cost of transit risk insurance. The Authorised Driver should contact the Relevant Vehicle’s motor vehicle insurers to ensure the Authorised Driver has any cover required. • The replacement cost of the Relevant Vehicle or any salvage money if the Relevant Vehicle is beyond commercial economic repair. • Transportation costs for a repaired Relevant Vehicle. • Separate transportation costs for personal effects/goods/vehicles/boats or other waterborne craft carried in or on the Relevant Vehicle/trailer. These remain the Authorised Driver’s responsibility at all times. • Any repair costs after the Relevant Vehicle has been recovered to the Home or chosen garage in the UK. • Any cost of a replacement driver where the only driver in the Authorised Driver’s party cannot comply with the declaration. • Any request for reimbursement for vehicle collection costs where the overseas garage has not yet started the necessary repairs to put the Relevant Vehicle back on the road before the end of the Authorised Drivers trip, should the repair run over the date of the Authorised Drivers trip and the Authorised Driver returns home then we will reimburse reasonable costs for one person to travel to collect the vehicle once repairs are complete. • The luggage in the Relevant Vehicle always remains the responsibility of the Authorised Driver and any items left with the vehicle for recovery are left at the Authorised Driver’s own risk. • Any matter excluded from the Ford Service Assistance in General Terms and Conditions. Notes a. When recovery of the Relevant Vehicle is arranged delivery of the vehicle may take 8–14 working days from Western European countries. At busy periods or from further destinations, recovery may take longer. b. Before leaving the Relevant Vehicle for recovery, all valuables should be removed and anything left in the Relevant Vehicle must be safely stowed. There is no duty-free allowance on an unaccompanied vehicle being recovered – any dutiable items must be taken by the Authorised Driver. c. Keys, including those for trailers, caravans or roof boxes, should be kept in a safe place with the Relevant Vehicle, as customs may need to unlock and inspect the vehicle(s). d. We must be notified of any arrangements to collect the Relevant Vehicle. Complaints Handling We are committed to providing the highest standard of service and customer care. We realise however, that there may be occasions when you feel you did not receive the standard of service you expect. Should you have cause for complaint about any aspect of the service we have provided to you, please contact us at the relevant numbers shown below, where we will work with you to resolve your complaint. • If you are a retail customer, please call the Ford Customer Relationship Centre on 0203 564 4444 • If you are a fleet customer, please call the Fleet Service Centre on 01277 251250 or e-mail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote the Relevant Vehicle registration number and breakdown details in any communication.